Please call us directly to schedule appointments. If you cannot reach us during business hours, please submit a request online, leave a message on our voice mail, or email us at Dogwood, or email us at ARTC with your contact information and your preferred appointment time. We will return your call/email with in one business day.
The Oncology Service kindly requests that you schedule an appointment with a doctor before arriving in the clinic. Our team makes every effort to see scheduled appointments at their designated times; however, emergencies do occur and may cause us to run behind schedule. Emergency patients will always be our first priority, with scheduled appointments immediately following. We sincerely appreciate your patience and want you to know that when your pet has an emergency, they will be our top priority.
Late Arrivals Policy
We understand that life is full of unexpected events; however, if you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we may need to reschedule. Please call us to determine if we will be able to accommodate your late arrival or if your appointment needs to be rescheduled. We will do our best to fit your pet in to the schedule, but you may have a longer wait than usual.
Your scheduled appointment time is dedicated exclusively to you and your pet; we do not overbook appointment times. We believe that we can offer our very best veterinary care when we have enough time reserved to adequately examine your pet and then discuss options in detail with you. We will make every effort to accommodate your scheduling needs. In return, we ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments, arriving on time, and notifying us a minimum of 24 business hours in advance if you are unable to do so.
When given advance notice of cancellations, we are able to accommodate other patients needing care. If you cannot give us 24 hours notice of your intent to cancel, the following policies apply:
- First missed appointment: we will call to ensure that you and your pet are okay and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Second missed appointment: we will call to inform you that this is your second missed appointment and we will place a charge on your account for $50. After the second missed appointment, we will require an advance payment equal to the amount of a recheck exam prior to rescheduling further appointments.
If you have an after-hours emergency or your pet is experiencing an illness unrelated to his or her cancer treatment, you may choose to seek care for your pet at your primary care veterinarian or at any of the local veterinary emergency centers. Please be sure to provide your most recent discharge instructions and current medications to the emergency veterinarian at the time of service.
The following is a comprehensive list of emergency centers in the Richmond area:
- Animal Medical Center: 13821 Fribble Way, Midlothian, VA 23112 | Phone: (804) 639-3900 | Website
- Dogwood Veterinary Emergency: 5918 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230 | Phone: (804) 716-4700 | Website
- Virginia Veterinary Centers: 3312 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221 | Phone: (804) 353-9000 | Website
- Virginia Veterinary Centers South: 2460 Colony Crossing Place, Midlothian, VA 23112 | Phone: (804) 353-9000 | Website
- Veterinary Referral and Critical Care: 1596 Hockett Rd, Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103 | Phone: (804)784-8722 | Website
After hours, the veterinarian of your choosing will be in charge of managing your pet’s care. To ensure your pet continues to receive excellent care, every effort will be made to communicate regarding your pet’s treatment plan upon discharge with your emergency veterinary team.
To request medication refills, it is always ideal to call us during our business hours. However, if we are closed you may leave a message on our voicemail, or email us at Dogwood, or email us at ARTC. We will check our phone messages/emails when we are back in the office. If you know that you are starting to run low on a medication, please call us before you are about to run out. Refills, if approved, will be prepared as our schedule allows, but will be ready within two business days.